WOW! They are back again with another amazing recipe, this time featuring fantastic, affordable protein with BLUE DOG FARMS all pasture raised, non-GMO fed, CHICKEN Leg and Thigh. At just $7.99 per package of TWO juicy leg/thigh, this is a high protein meal with a lower price. Coupled with LOVE SOWN veggies and herbs this is a crowd pleaser for sure.
4 servings | prep time: 20 min | active cooking time: 25 min
marinating time: 30 min (or up to 8 hrs)| total time: 1 hr 25 min INGREDIENTS
For the Chicken:
1 jar harissa (can be found in the international or condiment section, substitute dry harissa spice seasoning & olive oil if not available)
For the Tzatziki:
*can purchase premade instead
1 cup whole Greek yogurt
1 lemon, zested
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ English cucumber, shredded and wrapped in paper towel to drain excess water
1 TBS fresh dill, chopped (can substitute 1 tsp dry dill)
Salt & pepper to taste
For the Vegetables:
*try any veggie combo you like!
2 bulbs fennel, large dice (do not include fronds) 4-6 large carrots, skinned & cut on bias ¼’ thick 2 cups green beans, trimmed
4 shallots, quartered
4 cloves garlic, skinned & crushed
4 sprigs thyme
1 pkg feta cheese
Salt and pepper
1 package of couscous of your liking, cooked according to package
*can also serve with quinoa, farro, rice, flatbread or over salad greens
1) Rinse chicken, pat dry and place on a sheet pan or shallow dish. Rub with about half of the harissa to evenly coat on all sides. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hrs. Be sure to bring to room temperature before cooking.
2) Preheat oven to 425 deg. Combine all ingredients for Tzatziki in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3) Heat your grill pan or skillet over high heat, sear chicken skin side down for about 2 minutes or until skin is crisped and grill marks are clear. Flip and sear for another 2 minutes. Move grill pan or skillet to the oven to finish cooking for about 12-15 min or until internal temperature
reaches 165 deg when checked with a thermometer. Let rest at least 5 min before serving. *This chicken is best cooked on a grill pan, cast iron skillet or on the grill but can also just be baked if those options are not available.
4) Meanwhile, spread all of your vegetables (except green beans) on a sheet pan, season with salt and pepper and lightly drizzly with olive oil. Toss to coat evenly. Place in oven and cook for about 15 min. Remove sheet pan, add green beans, toss to coat and then top with feta cheese and return to oven for another 5-10 minutes until vegetables are caramelized to your liking.
5) Serve chicken alongside roasted vegetables accompanied by tzatziki, remaining harissa and couscous or base of your choice. Enjoy!